Incoterms define the transportation responsibilities of the buyer and seller in an international transaction.
- Incoterms should not be considered complete protection. Incoterms can also be used to delay payment or even take possession of cargo without payment. The seller needs to always be aware.
- RULE: maintain control of cargo. The deal is not done until the money is in your bank.
*Click on image to enlarge*
Printable Incoterms 2010 Printable Incoterms Quick Reference
DT Gruelle can help:
- Letters of Credit
- Assist with international transport quotation and advise best Incoterm for the transaction.
- Advise regarding best method of transport as well as packing and crating.
- Book space with the carriers. Ensure cargo transport to the port/airport of departure. Track and trace to destination.
- Produce the transport documents, file export declaration. Attain consular legalization of documents if necessary. Arrange to distribute the documents as needed.
- Prepare banking documents to ensure the seller is paid
- Ensure regulatory compliance.